|Brighten up your room with light fabrics or sheepskin! Get a Free Quote for your reupholstery or refinishing project. We will help you pick the perfect fabric. ♥ The Mod Team|
- Our #1 goal is to make our clients are happy. We want your experience with Mod to always be a pleasant one, so please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it better.
- We may not be the cheapest, but we take so much pride in our work to ensure the highest quality workmanship.
There are ways for you to select a fabric for your upholstery project:
- Make an appointment to visit our upholstery studio to view fabric samples (at no charge).
- Schedule an on-site appointment for our rep to bring you a wide variety of fabric samples to choose from. The on-site visit is $99. While our reps are very knowledgable with the upholstery process and fabrics we carry, they do not replace your interior decorator or designer (should you be working with one).
- If you already have your own fabric, or wish to purchase it on your own, we can use your fabric for your project. Please note, a 10% COM (Customer's Own Material) surcharge gets added to your project cost when doing so. While we do allow the use of COM, we don't allow COL (Customer's Own Leather) for quality control purposes.
Please keep in mind that we do not have control over the inventory/stock at the fabric companies or their mills (where the fabric is produced). If a fabric you choose is on backorder, you can either wait for the fabric to arrive, or we can schedule an appointment to show you another comparable fabric that is in stock. If you choose another fabric that is cheaper than your original selection, you will be credited for the difference. If you choose a more expensive fabric, the difference will be added to your invoice.
In most cases, we use a 3rd party delivery service to handle our client's white glove pickup and delivery (so we can focus solely on what we love and do best - restoring furniture!). When your furniture is ready for pickup, the delivery service will contact you to schedule a date. Once your furniture is ready for delivery, the service will reach out to you to schedule a delivery date. If the service feels that your pickup or delivery requires additional fees, we will let you know and add it to your final bill. Additional fees may be assessed if you live in a walkup building, if a door needs to be removed when taking out your furniture, if the quantity or size furniture is larger than expected, etc.
While we do our best to quote you accurately on the roundtrip delivery fee upfront, unfortunately, we can't always know about surcharges that the delivery may require.
- COM - Fabric sales are an integral part of Mod's business. When we provide reupholstery quotes, we consider the whole project scope - which includes labor, materials and purchasing fabric from us. Therefore, if you purchase your fabric elsewhere, a 10% COM fee gets added to the invoice to compensate for the discounted labor price we originally quoted. The COM fee is 10% of the entire project cost.
To prevent any unhappy feelings, please let us know if you plan on doing COM, so we can quote you accordingly from the get-go. Please read our warranty policy for projects using COM.
- YARDAGE - We try to be as accurate as possible when we estimate the yardage needed for your upholstery project. However, it's not always possible to be right 100% of the time. If we are off, we will let you know the amount of fabric that's still needed, and it will be the client's responsibility to pay for the additional fabric.
- LEATHER - We don't allow clients to provide COL leather, for quality control purposes. We use only high quality leather. But as all natural products go, the hides we get from the tannery come with natural scars, wrinkles, blemishes & irregular shapes. We always try to use only the best parts of hide. Not often, but sometimes we have no choice but to order more leather if the blemishes or scars are too sightly. It's the client's responsibility to pay for the extra leather.
To accommodate our clients, we will store your furniture that is not being worked on for 2 weeks free of charge. After 2 weeks, there will be a storage fee of $10 per day, per unit until the unit(s) is delivered or picked up. Please note that we don't begin working on a piece until we have all the materials in-hand.
1. To avoid our clients paying the storage fee, it's our policy that we don't pick up furniture unless the fabric has arrived at our studio. In those cases where our client asks us to make an exception and pick up the furniture before the fabric or trim is selected (or has yet to arrive), we will hold the furniture for 2 weeks at no charge. After that, the $10/unit per day storage fee will apply until the fabric or trim arrives and we can begin working on the piece. As a reminder, we don't begin working on any upholstery project unless all materials are in-studio.
2. We notify our clients as soon as the project is complete, and ready to be delivered. If a client doesn't want it delivered yet (i.e. due to construction in the home, or are simply not ready for it), we will hold the piece for 2 weeks at no charge. After that, the $10/unit per day storage fee will apply until the unit(s) get delivered or picked up.
Abandoned Furniture: If we attempt to reach you and are unsuccessful in scheduling a delivery for (or have you pick up) your furniture, we reserve the right to donate or discard your furniture after 3 months of it being left unclaimed at our facility. We are not responsible for furniture that you leave at Mod for over 3 months. We are not a storage facility :)
Turnaround time is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time we receive the furniture & material*. Need it sooner? Ask about our rush orders (minimum 2 week turnaround), where a rush fee will apply. Rush fees vary depending on the project scope, time of year & amount of projects in queue.
Please note: Lead times are estimated completion dates, but do not guaranty actual completion dates. Upholstery and refinishing is extremely labor-intensive, and a number of things can cause delays in completion dates.
- We value your privacy and will never share your personal customer information.
- We will never share your email address with a 3rd party.
- If you have any questions about our policy, please call us at 347.442.1900.
- At Pickup: We require a 50% deposit for labor + 100% cost of fabric or material at the start of the project. The deposit is payable by check, e-check or wire.
- Upon Completion: The remaining balance is due once your furniture is complete, prior to delivery. Final payments are payable by check, e-check or wire.
Clients are welcome to come to our shop to inspect the finished product before we deliver it; We do not deliver furniture unless it's paid in full.
- Services rendered by Mod Restoration are non-refundable. As our promise to make our clients happy, we will make sure that you are satisfied with the services we provided you with, even if that means taking it back and fixing it.
- Deposits are non-refundable: If you cancel a project once a deposit is given, we will deliver your furniture with any fabric you purchased from us, but your deposit will not be refunded. You are welcome to use the deposit toward the same project if you move ahead at a later date, although the cost of your project may change.
- Fabric orders are not cancellable or refundable once paid for. If you decide not to proceed with your upholstery project, the fabric purchase will be yours to keep. You will be responsible to pay for delivering/shipping the fabric to you.
- All the before & after photos are projects that Mod Restoration has done (meaning, we will never showcase work from other companies).
- This site and all contents of this site are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties.
More information can be found on our FAQ Page.
*While we try our hardest to complete the project within the approximate 4 week turnaround time, we cannot guarantee an exact date of delivery (except on rush orders where a rush fee is paid). Circumstances can arise which cause a delay in completion date. Circumstances include but are not limited to: backordered/delayed fabric arrival, unforeseen illness of employees, cases where the work is taking longer than expected, high seasons. These are things out of our control and we apologize (in advance!) for any inconvenience that this may cause - and thank you for understanding.
MOD Restoration is a high-end furniture upholstery and restoration company in New York City. We provide a select range of furniture restoration services, including custom upholstery, reupholstery, drapery, wood refinishing and caning (wicker, rush & Danish cord). MOD is known for our expertise in reupholstering the greatest mid-century & Danish furniture pieces. Some of our favorite upholstery projects are the Eames Lounge Chair, Hans Wegner Papa Bear Chair, Saarinen Womb Chair, Barcelona Chair by Mies Van Der Rohe, Dodo by Cassina, Tulip by Saarinen, and of course, the all-time-favorite Egg Chair by Arne Jacobsen. We not only refinish tables, chairs & buffets, we also provide expertise in matching your new fabric to the wood. We carry entire fabric collections from Robert Allen, Kravet, Maharam, Lee Jofa, Beacon Hill, Design Tex, Bergamo, Schumacher & Ralph Lauren. Our fabric designers come to your home or business with a vast selection of fabrics, and we provide pickup & delivery for a simple, easy and fun upholstery experience!
|Who We Are
Our Service Areas
News / Media
Get A Quote
© modrestoration 2015 | Furniture Reupholstery | New York City | New Jersey | Connecticut